Scientific Publications Lead (Global Role) - Full Portfolio
Are you an experienced scientific publications professional looking for a leadership role in a growing pharma environment?
Proclinical has partnered with a large pharmaceutical organisation in search for a Global Lead of Scientific Publications (Director) within the Global Medical Team, reporting directly to the Head of Medical Excellence. Within this role you will be responsible for establishing and leading the scientific publications function within the Global Medical organisation.
This exciting position is an excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic matrix environment where you will have the responsibility to enhance the organizational capabilities by building the function and driving publications delivery.
- Establish a centralised publication function within the Global Medical organisation
- Direct development and implementation of Global publication plans and deliverables in collaboration with the cross-functional publications team and vendors
- Lead the regular global publication plan meetings with the cross functional team
- Act as the key interphase with country affiliates on publications and publication planning
- Implement and ensure publication policy standards meet international standards and requirements
- Ensure creation of compliant processes for planning and delivery of publications in collaboration with Legal/compliance, R&D and Medical
- Develop and champion compliance with publication development, tracking of individual publications and internal procedural documents and guidelines
- Provide internal expertise in publication planning and execution
- Manage vendor teams, process and budget
- Pilot innovation in the field of publications
Skills and Requirements
- Higher degree in a scientific/medical subject preferred (PhD, PharmD)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry or a medical communications agency
- Minimum 5 years in scientific publications, including experience in publication planning, execution and communications
- Robust understanding of GPP, ICMJE and other relevant publication guidelines
- Experience with publication management software
- Proven record of leading publication planning, execution and communication
- Expertise in project management, tracking and reporting
- Demonstrable expertise in understanding scientific concepts, data interpretation and process development
- Medical Affairs understanding - management and conduct of studies, evaluation of clinical trial outcomes, medical writing, congress and workshop management, KOL communication
- Business acumen to collaborate appropriately and compliantly with partners
- Works effectively in cross-functional teams through proactive communication, collaboration and stakeholder management
- Can demonstrate organizational effectiveness and time management skills
- Proven relationship building skills with key opinion leaders, authors and medical affairs/clinical development stakeholders
- Fluent level in English, both in oral and in written communications
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.