Scientific Director - Infectious Disease
Proclinical is urgently recruiting for a Scientific Director of Infectious Disease with a global pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA. As the Scientific Director, you will assume immediate responsibility for a growing biology team working in a multidisciplinary, collaborative and scientifically driven environment, interacting with scientists across the Research Unit and the broader R&D organization. Your demonstrated expertise in microbiology coupled with an understanding of monoclonal antibodies as a prophylactic/therapeutic modality will enable you and the team to identify novel agents for the management of infectious diseases, particularly focused on bacterial infections.
- Lead and manage a team working on target identification and validation efforts in discovery of monoclonal antibodies targeting infectious disease
- Actively contribute to the strategic direction and goals of the group
- Participate in the evaluation of novel targets emerging from potential collaborations
- Build and foster relationships across groups in the research unit, contributing to projects and peer review when required.
- Responsible for ensuring quality, consistency and best practice within reporting line
- Accountable for scientific development and mentoring of scientists within reporting line
- Fostering a culture of scientific rigor and continuous improvement in line with the Innovation Performance and Trust (IPT) strategy
- Ensure compliance with values and policies.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in Infectious Disease, with a preference towards bacterial infections or related discipline
- Experience with monoclonal antibodies targeting infectious disease
- Experience managing a team of 3 to 5 full-time scientists, including PhD level scientists, supporting multiple projects and fostering a culture of innovation, teamwork, performance and trust.
- Experience in identifying and advancing preclinical targets, performing peer review and engaging internal and external partners.
- Experience applying innovative approaches in drug discovery using novel techniques for smart risk taking.
- Proven track record in leading antibacterial drug discovery programs
- Demonstrated understanding of the drug discovery process, including the ability to outline a progression path with clear decision-making criteria.
- Ability to foster a culture of innovation, teamwork, performance and trust.
- Capable of leading and developing a team of biologists with a breadth in skills (such as molecular/cell biology, biochemistry, gene editing, cell culture, iPSC differentiation, in vivo model systems, and in vitro/ex vivo translational studies).
- Experience in making decisions around the progression of novel targets and molecules by integrating biology with clinical need and feasibility, competition, commercial opportunity, and return on investment.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Natasha Patel at (+1) 617-778-7319 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.