Research Scientist Assay Development
Proclinical is recruiting for a Research Scientist of Assay Development for a leading CRO located in Buffalo, NY. As the Research Scientist, you will assist in the development of reagents and assays for testing of natural product and synthetic samples; automation of assays and high throughput screening; potency and selectivity testing; analysis and interpretation of assay development, high throughput screening and potency data. A major component in the scientist's performance rating will be based on productivity, teamwork, and cooperation.
- Contribute to pre-clinical Drug Discovery research projects.
- Assist in the development of reagents through applications of molecular biology, cell biology and/or protein chromatography.
- Assist in the development and validation of assays for bioactivity screening and their transfer to robotic systems for high throughput screening.
- Assist in the development and testing of automated procedures.
- Performance of high throughput and secondary screening of sample collections and generation of high quality screening data.
- Assist in the analysis of assay development, screening and potency data.
- Develop and effectively apply a broad spectrum of practical laboratory skills; including molecular biology, cell culture, biochemistry, assay development, in depth analysis of bioactivity data and the use of automated equipment.
- Effectively utilize standard laboratory equipment including hand pipettes, balances, pH meters, plate readers and calculators.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree with a major in Biology or Biochemistry, or equivalent industrial experience
- Laboratory experience conducting molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, assay development and validation, screening or custom reagent production
- Computer training in the use of standard office software applications and databases
- Other pertinent training/courses
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Jarred Fetterman at (+1) 215-531-5593 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.