Research Associate/SR. Research Associate
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research Associate or Senior Research Associate of Hematology for a pharmaceutical company located in Boston, MA. Successful candidate will support our in vitro and in vivo efforts developing next-generation base editing technologies and will be a self-motivated, technically competent research associate that is energized to join a small, fast-growing biotech.
- Primary/stem cell (human CD34+, iPSC) isolation/purification, culture and functional characterization.
- Assist in designing, planning, and executing editing experiments with primary/stem cells (CD34+, iPSC).
- Cellular staining and multicolor flow cytometry (analytic and sorting).
- Design and clone expression vectors.
- Design and run DNA/RNA purification and quantification assays (qPCR, ddPCR and RNA-seq).
- Assist in the design, planning, and execution of in vivo engraftment studies.
Skills and Requirements:
- BA/BS in biological science or related discipline, MS is preferred
- Proven expertise in primary or stem cell culture [pluripotent stem cell or hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell (HSPC) experience a plus]
- Experience in HSPC-relevant experimental techniques, including both in vitro cellular assays and in vivo transplant models is highly desirable
- Proficiency in molecular biology applications, including primer design, cloning (Gibson, USER, restriction), NGS sample preparation, DNA/RNA purification, and quantification methods such as qPCR, ddPCR or RNA-seq
- Good understanding of gene editing tools and principles (ZFN, TALEN, CRISPR, or DNA base editors). Previous experience in gene editing is preferable but not required
- Solid foundation in multi-color flow cytometry and cell sorting
- Experience with in vivo mouse models and/or willingness to learn is advantageous
- Proficient in the use of programs like MS Excel & PowerPoint and GraphPad Prism for data entry, analysis, visualization and presentation
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to teams with diverse scientific backgrounds
- Ability to work efficiently as a member of a highly collaborative, cross-functional team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, critical data analysis capabilities, and strong problem-solving skills are required
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Hunter Tonn at (+1) 646-851-0086 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.