Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research Associate with a pharmaceutical company located in Santa Monica, CA.
- Oversees and manages the biological sample logistics and storage of Research and clinical trials within and across research and development programs.
- Understands GxP requirements
- Accessions, transfers and inventories biological specimens, especially frozen material.
- Assists Research scientists by pulling, sorting and transferring samples required for analysis or transfer to other departments, vendors or collaborators.
- Maintains inventory across multiple temperature-controlled units, including liquid nitrogen-cooled storage and -80 degrees C freezers.
- Collaborates with Clinical Operations and Research on biological sample management tracking and issue resolution.
- Understands Translational Medicine biomarker sample analysis plans and coordinates across multiple clinical programs.
- Has a basic understanding of sample collection, processing protocols and shipping conditions
Work with shipping companies and couriers to securely send and receive temperature-controlled biological specimens.
- Understands and has ability to navigate various central laboratory sample management systems.
- Understands and has ability to navigate company Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and other electronic solutios related to specimen management.
- Will assist in the implementation of specimen management software.
- Understands program specific deliverables (eg, analysis, data cut-off timelines) and collaborates with research teams on development of experimental timelines for laboratory sample analysis and data transfer.
Skills and Requirements:
- At least 2 years of experience with sample management, LIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems), and knowledge of GMPs.
- Pharmaceutical/biotech experience is a plus. Basic understanding of clinical trial conduct is also a plus.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Catherine Nguyen at 215-531-5643.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.