Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research Associate with a biopharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Independently use appropriate experimental design to accomplish an assigned series of interconnected experiments to address specific research questions or to implement new methodologies
- Independently operating and maintaining laboratory equipment
- Troubleshooting and solving problems with biochemical/biophysical experiments with minimal supervision
- Perform a wide variety of technical procedures and operate a wide variety of lab instrumentation/computer platforms
- Assist in developing methods to improve existing techniques and/or efficiencies
- Make detailed observations, organize and analyze data, and interpret results in a clear and logical format (e.g., graphs, charts, summaries)
- Effectively analyze and summarize experimental plans and outcomes
- Correctly interpret data
- Write and maintain accurate, complete, and timely data in laboratory notebooks
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses for distribution and/or presentation to project teams and for inclusion in project reports
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- BS with 3-5 years' industry experience
- Knowledge and skills in chemistry and biochemistry (e.g. medicinal chemistry, bioanalytical chemistry, protein chemistry, protein expression)
- Training and experience in Design of Experiments and other statistical methodologies
- Current knowledge in vaccine literature and basic science related to vaccine development
- Strong math skills required. Working knowledge of statistical models for DOE, and familiarity with JMP is highly desirable
- Remain well versed in regulatory requirements to assure appropriate design and execution of vaccine manufacture and toxicology studies via services of CMO and CROs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well organized and detail oriented, able to effectively prioritize, interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a team environment, and consistently demonstrate reliability and responsibility
- Good time and project management skills, ability to oversee several projects simultaneously
- Comply with safety practices and standard operating procedures
- Exhibit and promote Core Competencies
- Experience with modern protein analytical techniques is beneficial (chromatography, light scattering methodologies, fluorescence spectroscopy, FTIR, LC-MS, etc.)
- Maintain familiarity with applicable current scientific literature and contribute to the process of a project within her/his scientific discipline
- Investigate and aid in the development of new methods and technologies for project advancement
- Possess a combination of education and experience in a physical and/or life science to work independently, serve as a resource for researchers, train new technicians, and help solve problems with instrument operation
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.