Regional Business Director (Rare Disease) - Southwest
Proclinical is seeking a Regional Business Director (Rare Disease) for a global biopharmaceutical company.
The Regional Business Director, Rare Disease, Southwest (RBD) is responsible for leading the Rare Disease commercial field force for the Liver franchise within the West/Northwest territory (TX, LA, NM, AZ, CO, WY, UT).
Responsibilities include the development and implementation of a thorough regional business plan to successfully accelerate the performance of company's portfolio of rare disease, liver-focused products. Launch experience, particularly in the rare disease space, is highly important for this position, as the company is set to launch products in the near- and long- term.
Direct experience in Rare Disease, Hepatology, Oncology, Hematology, or Specialty Products are highly preferred.
Must be eligible to work in the US.
- Lead the Northwest regional sales force activities including recruiting, hiring, training, development, and performance evaluation of Clinical Science Specialists (CSSs).
- Responsible for assessing current business practices in each target account across the region, and assess best ways to compliantly build key partnering relationships, while leveraging internal cross-functional resources, such as Medical, Patient Support Services, and Value & Access.
- Build short- and long-term business plans to serve HCPs and patients and, consequently, drive performance growth.
- Coach Clinical Science Specialists (CSSs) in line with company customer engagement model to drive sustained improvement in core sales competencies, including disease state and product knowledge as well as reimbursement/fulfillment skills.
- Partner with Business Operations to leverage data analytics to inform the field team and drive performance.
- Build and sustain relationships with target Thought Leaders and KOLs.
- Develop and deliver presentations to the organization overall and senior management, ensuring clear understanding across the organization of opportunities & challenges.
Skills and Requirements:
- BA/BS degree is required; Advanced degrees are a plus
- 10 years of sales/marketing experience within biopharma, with at least 5 years of sales leadership/management of rare disease products
- Extensive knowledge of US payer landscape along with factors that drive access and product pull-through
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a track record of delivering exceptional business results
- Multiple product launch experiences; in Rare Disease is a plus
- Familiar with trade relations, reimbursement environment, government programs, and managed care
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Manon Fuller at +(1) 323-319-3090 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.