QC Technician - BioSafety
A growing global leader in the development, delivery and commercialisation of cell therapies have a fantastic job opening for a QC Technician at their base in Hertfordshire. This is a dynamic and innovative organisation who pride themselves on their passion and expertise in the medical field.
- Testing collaborator materials, as well as CGT samples when required for biosafety e.g. detection of mycoplasma by PCR, detection of Endotoxin, and the detection of microbial contamination by direct inoculation, detection of microbial contamination by BacT/Alert etc.
- Completing the testing as per GMP requirements.
- Reviewing data for accuracy before submitting it to Quality Control Specialist/QA.
- Supporting the tactical execution of laboratory analysis and reporting results to assure the QC service provision associated with environmental monitoring in Grade B to D areas, starting material, raw material, excipient, in-process, and final product sample testing by using microbiology techniques, microbial identification endotoxin testing, Sterility Testing, mycoplasma testing by PCR, Cell count and viability testing, and microscopy, etc.
- Performing Trend analysis of data and participating in periodic reviews of the services.
- Working with QC personnel, QA, suppliers & service providers to assist in the development and maintenance of GMP compliant QC Laboratory services.
- Supporting the Sample Management function to ensure the QC group provides a timely, effective, and efficient service for the collection (from manufacturing modules and other classified areas), transportation, storage, and lifecycle management of collaborator and CTG derived microbiology and environmental monitoring samples requiring testing.
- Supporting collaborator raw material sampling activity and ensuring it is undertaken to GMP and in accordance with collaborator requirements.
- Providing support for aseptic process qualifications, such as aseptic gowning, good aseptic practices, and media fills etc.
- Supporting microbiological Out of Specification investigations.
- Supporting other testing needs as identified from time to time by collaborative agreements.
- Supporting to ensure the QC function operates to a high standard and complies with cGMP and other appropriate regulatory standards.
- Ensuring all QC laboratory equipment is maintained fit for purpose (qualified and calibrated appropriately and with the appropriate degree of periodicity).
- Ensuring the CGT team and associated service providers complete all documentation and records accurately, contemporaneously, and to a consistent GMP standard.
- Ensuring the traceability of all reagents, materials, equipment, standards etc. is maintained for all GMP sampling and testing activity.
- Participating in Out of Trend, Out of Specification, and Deviation management events associated with QC activity and assisting in the reporting and management of such events to an appropriate and compliant conclusion.
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience working in aseptic (bio) pharmaceutical manufacturing environment and QC laboratory operating according to GMP using techniques described, for a minimum of 2 years.
- Experience of looking critically at own and others work practices and procedures and identifying and implementing any needed improvements.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Marjolene D'Almeida-Ayeni at +44 203 854 2626 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical Staffing is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.