QC Manager (microbiology)
Proclinical has partnered with a Microbiology organisation in search for a talented Quality Control Manager in the Netherlands. This role is essential, and the selected candidate needs to be able to take ownership of the lab and make sure that the lab performs.
- Leading the Microbiology Department consisting of a Microbiology and AVA/Mycoplasma laboratory within the Quality Unit of Leiden
- Represent the Microbiology department towards the internal customers in the Janssen Supply chain, and towards the external stakeholders like health authorities
- Lead, coach and develop the team members including target definition and performance review
- Liaise with the peers within the network to align on microbial and organizational strategies
- Drive continuous improvement within Microbiology in operational efficiency and GMP compliance
- Assure that all Microbial testing is performed following the applicable cGMPs requirements and the approved MA's/BLA's
- Assure that the department budget is met with respect to both expenses and head count
- Define and measure the appropriate KPIs to manage the performance of the Microbiology department.
Skills and Requirements
- University degree in microbiology, pharmacy or related field
- 10+ years in Quality or related supply chain department, of which at least 5 years in a supervisory role
- Sound knowledge of microbiological topics is a must, knowledge of viral testing preferred
- Familiarity with microbiological and biopharmaceutical production and testing
- Extensive knowledge of cGMP regulations
- Several years of managerial experience, proven people management skills, strong leader
- Business fluency in Netherlands and/or English
- Ability to work in a diverse and changing environment
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical and medical device companies.