Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Protein Scientist with a leading biotechnology company located in Pittsburgh, PA. As the Protein Scientist, you must have a proven track record in the development and deployment of methods to analyze biomacromolecules.
- We are seeking an expert in protein characterization methods focused on evaluation of proteins and protein-polymer conjugates.
- The successful candidate will be working in a team focused on the development and characterization of protein-based materials for therapeutic applications.
- This position requires a strong background in protein chemistry, with an emphasis on structural elucidation of proteins using a variety of analytical techniques.
- You will be responsible for planning and conducting research aimed to deliver advanced characterization of our products by leveraging your expertise in macromolecule characterization.
- Daily activities will involve lab work, preparation of reports and technical presentations.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ph.D. in the Life Sciences (or equivalent) with 2 - 6 years of relevant experience
- Hands-on experience in protein purification and characterization techniques including:
- Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS)
- Matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization time of flight mass spectrometry (MALDI-ToF)
- Peptide digestion
- Capillary electrophoresis (CE)
- Size exclusion chromatography (SEC)
- Static light scattering methods (dual angle, multi-angle - MALLS)
- Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR)
- Experience in working in GxP environments is a plus
- Strong background in laboratory work and skills
- Strong reporting/analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work within a diverse work team
- Well organized and methodical.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.