Protein Purification Scientist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Protein Purification Scientist with a biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Develop novel methodology for separation and characterization of adeno-associated virus (AAV)-based gene therapy products using various liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry methods.
- Position requires adequate experience in analytical techniques including HPLC and mass spectrometry.
- Experience with native mass spectrometry is desired but optional.
- Ideally suited for someone interested in getting industry experience prior to PhD graduation or recent graduates.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS, MS or PhD degree in analytical chemistry, analytical biochemistry or related disciplines with 2 plus years of relevant experience for BS candidates, or 1 plus years of relevant experience for MS candidates, as demonstrated by hands-on experience in biomolecule analyses by mass spectrometry and/or LC-MS.
- A strong background in analytical chemistry/biochemistry in the areas of HPLC and mass spectrometry.
- Knowledge of viral protein and DNA characterization is highly desired.
- Should have excellent laboratory, computer, documentation, and organization skills, as well as good oral and written communication abilities.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.