Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Protein Biochemist with a biopharmaceutical company located in North Chicago, IL.
- Perform biological incubations of drug molecules, purification of biological samples, optimization of LCMS expression, purify and characterize challenging proteins in support of crystallography, fragment discovery and high throughput biochemical screening.
- Strong hands on laboratory skills in protein purification and characterization for a diverse set of protein classes.
- Experience with protein characterization techniques such as thermal stability, SDS-PAGE analysis, Western blotting, chromatography and ITC is preferred.
- Strong experimental design and troubleshooting skills are also required. Additional experience in molecular biology and/or cell culture would be considered beneficial.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as be able to effectively work as part of a dynamic and diverse team.
- Careful documentation of experimental practices and results will be required.
This position will support small molecule drug development within discovery organization. We look forward to welcoming a new team member to help us prosecute novel and challenging protein targets.
- Skills and Requirements:
- BS or MS in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biology or related field.
- Excellent protein purification and characterization skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and work independently.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good understanding of biophysical protein methods.
- Molecular biology or cell culture experience.
- Build strong relationships with peers and across groups to enable higher performance.
- Agilely adapt to new targets and methods.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Zachary Hines at 215-531-6914.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.