Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Project Manager for a leading pharmaceutical company located in Redwood City, CA. Successful candidate will have a BS/BA/MS/MBA, accreditation in a project management or process improvement discipline (PMP or LEAN Six Sigma), and familiar with the tools/techniques of Business Excellence.
- Provide advanced project management support to complex drug development projects, including action item tracking, organization and communication of team materials (e.g. meeting minutes, Sharepoint sites, etc.).
- Develop multiple project planning scenarios; identifies, monitors, and analyzes business risks. Recognizes when corrective action and planning are necessary and conducts root cause analyses. Supports functional managers to ensure accurate resource estimates.
- Independently identify opportunities for improvement of departmental work processes and manages a single large project, or several small projects. Converts goals to tasks and coordinates activities to meet goals.
- Estimate and manage requirements to achieve defined objectives. Execute against defined objectives and keep management informed of progress and achieved project milestones.
- Apply advanced project management principles and techniques to the coordination and completion of assigned goals and tasks. Prioritize tasks with effective use of time.
- Support and advise Portfolio Program Managers on monthly project plan maintenance and information reporting. Provide data entry for change requests. Utilize QC reports to ensure proper input of project information and accuracy of data.
- Compile and provide routine standard reports on a monthly and ad hoc basis. Proactively address conflicting, incorrect, insufficient, or inappropriate information prior to report publication.
- Collect and analyze project and process data and metrics. Apply advanced project management tools for metrics collection and conduct advanced analysis of project data. Develop guidelines and checklists.
- Provide general training support, administration and guidance regarding project management practices and systems.
- Establish and maintain strong network within department and external clients.
- Interacts with all levels of employees in support of project coordination.
- Assess performance against plans, processes, and practices to determine effectiveness and areas for process improvement.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a technical, scientific or project management related discipline and 3+ years professional work experience in project management, system-based processes, or the pharmaceutical or biotech industry; or Master's degree; or Doctorate degree in same disciplines.
- Accreditation in a project management or process improvement discipline preferred (e.g. Project Management Professional, LEAN Six Sigma, etc.).
- Must be self-directed and work well in a team environment, be able to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet commitments, possess excellent oral and written communication skills, be process-oriented, convert goals to tasks and define estimates on time and requirements to achieve goal objectives, and demonstrate initiative.
- The incumbent must be able to discern the difference between general vs. confidential/sensitive reporting information and act accordingly.
- Experience/Awareness in the tools and techniques of Project Management and /or Business Excellence desired. Proficient technology skills (e.g., MS Office software, MS Project, Qlikview, Spotfire, etc.) required. Must have strong technology skills and the ability to quickly learn new, complicated software/applications.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Catherine Nguyen at (+1) 215-531-5643 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.