An exciting vacancy has arisen for motivated Project Manager to join the Research and Development team are a large pharmaceutical company. You will oversee two projects in early-stage clinical development, you will work with a dedicated and dynamic team.
- The initial remit of this role is to provide project management expertise for two mid stage drug development projects, working closely with the Project Leader and other members of the drug development team.
- As we are a small company, we rely heavily on outsourced contracting work, and you will have a key role in setting up and maintaining contracts, ensuring all quality requirements are met.
- To work closely with finance and business management to forecast and track the budget.
- To motivate the team to deliver on time and on budget to the agreed plan.
- To work with the Project Leader to create and evolve the development plan and to create scenarios, including assessments on the critical path and go/ no go decision points.
Skills and Requirements
- Significant demonstrable experience in pharmaceutical R&D project management and/or other associated roles in the pharmaceutical/life sciences industry
- Experience working in drug development phase 1-3 and a sound understanding of the drug development process
- Proven ability to act on good judgement informed through experience
- Ability to manage and track project level budgets
- Expert in generating project plans in formats spanning detailed tracking to summary views for management briefings
- Strong analytical skills including use of spreadsheets, shared databases and other IT resources to manage projects
- Experience working in at least one specialist area within R&D drug development (eg, toxicology, clinical development)
- Experience managing early phase, pre-clinical projects
- Familiarity with building and executing contracts with third parties
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.