An internationally renowned pharmaceutical company is currently advertising a vacancy for a Project Manager in their office in Germany. This top 10 pharma company works across multiple sectors, including medical devices, pharmaceutical research, and consumer health. The vacancy offers an exciting opportunity to work with a company with over 100,000 professionals around the globe.
- Providing overall support for the EU MDR project portfolio including the health and performance of the portfolio.
- Owns their portfolio and is equally responsible for the success or failure of the projects in their respective portfolio, as the PM managing the project.
- Assisting with on-boarding, coaching, mentoring and training project managers on Synthes processes and tools.
- Ensuring accurate status reporting for all projects in the Portfolio and perform regular project health checks to ensure the portfolio is on track to meet objectives.
- Ensuring proactive mitigation and escalation of concerns, risks, issues, project dependencies, and project conflicts to the PMO and appropriate leadership.
- Ensuring that all projects are managed consistently and compliant with global PMO processes, and review project deliverables to ensure they meet expectations.
- Proactively identifying and driving needed organisational and process changes personally and through others.
- Partnering with project managers to right size the PMO process for efficient and successful execution based on project risk.
- Developing high-level portfolio plans and assist with annual demand/investment planning to provide short, medium, and long-term visibility of the planned project pipeline.
- Following the demand and resource management processes and manage the intake and phasing of the project portfolio based on priorities and resource capacity.
- Identifying project management needs and forecasts based on project level; select project managers (either internal or external) as needed for project execution, while optimising resource utilization and productivity.
- Assisting with project budget development and work with finance to provide monthly project and portfolio level budget reports.
- Providing portfolio dashboards as needed, including portfolio go-lives, portfolio level metrics and scorecards.
- Providing project leadership to drive project delivery and assist with project rescues for troubled projects within the portfolio.
- Assisting the PMO with continuous process improvements and best practices Expected Areas of Competence.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field with at least 5+ years of professional experience required; OR BS/BA and Advanced degree in business, IT or related field 5+ years of professional experience.
- Experience with Planview PPM, MS Project and/or other project and portfolio management tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment Education/Experience Requirements.
- Experience leading large cross functional and highly complex programs ($5M+, 12 months+ duration).
- Proactive, results driven and self-directed.
- Project and portfolio management.
- PMI (Project Management Institute) certified PMP (project management professional).
- ITIL or other Technical IT certifications preferred.
- Experience working in a regulated/validated environment preferred.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Caleb Mensah at 0203 854 1080 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.