Project Leader/ Senior Project Leader (Home based - EU)
A job vacancy for a Project Leader/ Senior Project Leader has arisen at a leading global pharmaceutical company specialising in the development of biological therapies on a home-based capacity. This company is one of the top 10 global pharmaceutical companies that operates in 140 countries worldwide and has market leading products in multiple therapy areas.
- Independently responsible for all Project Leader tasks and deliverables according to SOPs on assigned projects:
- Develop and maintain a formal project plan with all key milestones, budgets, and resources assigned to specific tasks and outcomes.
- Perform initial and ongoing risk management:
- Identify potential project risks and implement contingency plans, mitigate actual risks with team members and keep the client informed about risks and contingencies.
- Manage and ensure first time quality on the project deliverables:
- Establish quality standards for the project that drive individual and team commitment to quality.
- Develop and manage the client relationship:
- Owns the client relationship at a study level and responsible for client communication ensuring high client satisfaction.
- Understand and own the project P&L:
- Manage the project according to budget with revenue recognition and forecasting, including resource management, pass-through management (review, regular reconciliation and forecasting).
- Manage the cross-functional project team:
- Enable all stakeholders to achieve successful study completion while maintaining high client satisfaction.
- Represent the Project Leadership function:
- Represent Project Leadership Function in external client meetings and presentations such as Bid Pursuit Meetings, Investigator Meetings or others as required.
- Other assigned responsibilities:
- May include non-billable work such as SOP review and lead or contribute to other organisational initiatives.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a science/medical related field is essential.
- Advanced degree desirable.
- PMP or equivalent desirable.
- Advanced experience and understanding in either late phase or early phase clinical project management and demonstratable project leadership experience is essential.
- Strong command of written and spoken English language, local language proficiency is desirable.
- Proven substantial project management experience, preferably in healthcare, clinical research, or contract research organisation.
- Proven track record of developing client relationships at the project level.
- Previous CRO experience is strongly preferred, with involvement in bid defence activities.
- Strong financial management and client relationship skills are essential.
- Applications from candidates with pharma experience will also be considered.
- Ability to create a sense of urgency and take a proactive, solutions-based approach.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritise workload with attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Basic understanding of all aspects of project life-cycle.
- Ability to work independently with oversight guidance.
- Ability to analyse complex/novel situations using existing tools and resources.
- Ability to become proficient with the company's systems.
- Familiarity with standard business and eClinical systems used in Clinical Research, such as CTMS, EDC, IXRS, TMF and project planning tools.
- Solid clinical knowledge and basic understanding of clinical research and protocol design.
- Ability to adapt and work according to the company's High Performance Culture (HPC) principles.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly accountable with a strong client focus.
- A flexible attitude with respect to assignments and new learning.
- Demonstrates willingness to listen and learn and proven ability to make and respectfully explain proper decisions (even when this leads to tough business discussions) required.
- Ability to thrive in a global, cross-functional environment; previous in-house experience preferred.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word, and project planning software.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Reem Iskandarani at 0203 854 2629 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.