Process Development Associate
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Process Development Associate for a gene therapy program located in Philadelphia, PA. Successful candidate will independently design experiments to optimize upstream or downstream manufacturing processes. You will update existing protocols/SOP's and batch records to reflect optimizations.
- Independently design experiments to optimize upstream or downstream manufacturing processes.
- Update existing protocols/SOP's and batch records to reflect optimizations.
- Execute pilot experiments to validate newly scaled up/out upstream or downstream manufacturing processes under the director of Process Development Scientists, Associate Directors, or Directors.
- Use sound scientific and engineering principles to troubleshoot experiments and to suggest updates to process protocols/SOP's and batch records.
- Assist with the technology transfer of new or updated processes to the manufacturing group as well as participate in upstream or downstream manufacturing activities of viral vectors.
- Work both independently and as part of a team to accomplish project goals within specified timelines.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS Degree in Biochemical/Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology, or related disciplines + 5 to 7 years of relevant experience.
- Must have experience in mammalian cell culture, tangential flow filtration, and/or column chromatography required
- Experience in biologics manufacturing preferred
- Knowledge of process development concepts for biological manufacturing; principles of various engineering disciplines helpful
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment
- Must be an independent thinker, meticulous, detail oriented, and analytical
- Must be highly motivated, have excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Mike Raletz at (+1) 267-428-7770 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.