Principal Scientist, Translational Bioinformatics
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Principal Scientist of Translational Bioinformatics with a global biotechnology company located in Princeton, NJ. As a Principal Scientist in Translational Medicine Data Science, you will work with a multidisciplinary, international team of world-class scientists and research associates with state-of-the-art knowledge of the antibody and oncology field. The incumbent's task will be to transform oncology by discovering and developing antibody therapeutics that serve cancer patients with unmet medical needs.
- Play a pivotal role in the development and expansion of cutting-edge bioinformatics and computational tools and capabilities within the team.
- Utilize computational tools and approaches to partner with the Translational Medicine laboratory to analyze flow cytometry, gene expression, and a multitude of immune profiling assays to increase conviction in the mechanism(s) of action and predict safety and liability features of drug candidates.
- Use external low, medium, and high-density data to complement and provide added context to internally produced data.
- Design, expand, and maintain internal pipelines for relevant computational analyses.
- Work seamlessly with colleagues from Discovery Research and Clinical Development to bridge and integrate relevant data that informs conviction in assets (Mechanisms of action, liabilities, biomarker plans, patient stratification, etc…).
- Socialize and establish intuitive data analysis and visualization tools with biologists/immunologists and translational scientists.
- Manage bioinformatics projects, both in-house as well as outsourced to service providers.
- Continue to stay up to date on the latest relevant scientific literature and translate your learnings into evolving best practices.
- Report scientific results in patents, publications, regulatory documents, and product-development reports.
Skills and Requirements:
- Must have PhD (highly preferred) or MS degree in immunology, biology, with bioinformatics, computational biology background, or vice versa.
- Knowledge and a good understanding of bioinformatics, mainly as applied to translational research, preferably in the oncology setting.
- Excellent programming skills (Java, Python, R, etc…) and experience in using relational databases like Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL as well as cloud services for storage and computing (AWS-S3, etc…)
- In-depth knowledge and practical experiences with high-density data types and relevant external resources (genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, flow cytometry, TCR sequencing, immune assays, etc…)
- Ability to implement/adopt new algorithms for data analysis
- Experience with regulated environments such as ISO/GCP/GMP when working with tools and databases.
- Published in high-quality journals, references, and external presentations.
- You have a 'getting things done' mentality; you are creative, pro-active, enthusiastic, out-of-the-box thinking, and goal orientated.
- Significant experience managing a team of computational biologists or bioinformatics to deliver results.
- design fit for purpose experiments that enable decision making and lend themselves to scalability.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse and global group of scientists, research associates.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 929-388-1651.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.