Principal Scientist to Director, Capsid Engineering
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Proclinical is seeking a Principal Scientist to Director, Capsid Engineering for a cutting-edge biotech company located in Boston, MA.
In this role, you will be responsible for establishing and leading a AAV capsid discovery and engineering team to support AAV drug development.
Must be eligible to work in the US.
- Establish, manage, and lead the capsid discovery and engineering platform
- Design, develop and implement the production of AAV capsid libraries
- Characterize and validate novel AAV capsid libraries
- Establish approaches to identify novel AAV capsid variants that transduce specific cell types in both rodents and NHPs
- Utilize NGS and machine learning to further enhance development of novel AAV with tailored properties
- Supervise and conduct viral vector design, molecular cloning, plasmid prep, sequencing, viral vector production, and QC
- Communicate and manage external CRO to support research activities
- Oversee and report the progress of projects timely, stay on timelines
- Maintain detailed and well-organized documentation with best industry practice
- Train, mentor, and supervise scientists
- Support IND filing
Skills and Requirements:
- A Ph.D. in molecular biology, cell biology, structural biology, virology, immunology, or related discipline is required
- Expertise in the design and construction of AAV libraries is required
- 4+ years of direct capsid discovery and engineering experience is required
- Familiar with the whole process of AAV capsid discovery
- Good knowledge in NGS and bioinformatics
- Extensive knowledge of AAV biology
- Extensive and excellent hands-on skills and experience with cell and molecular biology techniques, and assay development are required
- Extensive experience with animal tissue handling and bioanalytical assays
- Experience in developing procedures for the extraction of high quality of RNA and DNA from various mammalian tissues and scaling these procedures to high throughput workflows
- Experience in generation and/or computational analysis of high-throughput data
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Responsible and efficient with work assignments
- Can do attitude and quick and high-quality execution
- Exceptional ability in team management
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to be highly productive in a fluid, fast-paced team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Danielle Bahnasy at +(1) 646-868-5142 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.