Principal Scientist, RNA and Molecular Biology
Proclinical is seeking a Principal Scientist with a strong research background in RNA and Molecular Biology to join a stealth mode Biotech in Cambridge, MA. If you are excited to join a creative, collaborative and highly dynamic platform company dedicated to leveraging emerging insights in RNA biology to develop a novel class of human therapeutics, this could be an exciting role for you. In this unique role, you will be a founding member of a Scientific Innovation team generating and experimentally executing on actionable hypotheses to drive novel RNA platform applications.
- Apply your scientific knowledge, critical thinking skills and creativity to generate and test hypotheses for novel applications of our platform in emerging fields of RNA biology.
- Design, execute, and interpret multiple experimental workflows with an emphasis on RNA-centric molecular and cellular techniques to test innovation team hypotheses.
- Thrive on rapid prototyping, strategic triage of ideas, and quickly translating new approaches in the literature into broadly impactful company assets.
- Develop and apply novel high-throughput methodologies to analyze nucleic acids, protein expression, and cell phenotypes (such as NGS-based methods)
- Recognize, integrate, and extend next-generation sequencing approaches to screen and address biological hypotheses.
- Continually cultivate scientific & technical expertise through critical review of the scientific literature, attending external conferences, and developing relationships with key opinion leaders.
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional biology, technology, and chemistry team to contribute to the vision, strategy, and tactics of the organization.
Skills and Requirements:
- D. in molecular biology (or equivalent), an additional 3+ years of relevant experience, and a proven track-record of scientific excellence as evidenced by a strong publication and/or patent record.
- A strong background in molecular and RNA biology with experience designing, performing and analyzing a wide array of cell & molecular biology assays and a demonstrated ability to generate innovative hypotheses in unexplored biological fields.
- Proven track record in novel RNA-centric method development or application, such as RNA-centric NGS methods (i.e. RNA-seq, Ribo-seq, eCLIP, scRNA-seq)
- Excellence in experimental design, execution and interpretation
- Demonstrated ability to approach complex problems with innovative solutions and generate actionable hypotheses
- Experience in high-throughput cell phenotype screening or other massively parallel assay formats
- Working knowledge in relevant statistical and bioinformatics methods to enable effective collaboration with computation biology team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
- Strong collaborative skills with evidence of working in, and leading a team
- Knowledgeable across a breadth of scientific fields and experience with a broad range of methodologies, such as structure-function relationships in RNA or RNP complexes, or innovative RNA methodologies, e.g. Ribo-seq, RIP-seq, RNA chemical probing.
- Deep understanding of transcription, translation, and cell signaling
- Understanding of and experience in proteomics and protein mass spectrometry.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Marta Suazo at (+1) 347-960-4479 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.