An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Principal Programmer to aligned either to Cardiovascular/ Renal/ Metabolism (CVRM) or Respiratory, Inflammation, and Autoimmunity (R&I), and is responsible for providing statistical programming expertise to support the design and interpretation of early clinical studies and development programmes.
Working as part of Data Science and AI, youll be able to access technology at the forefront of science in an innovative environment, where you will have scope to develop creative statistical ideas and approaches, and to apply them in your work.
- Author, validate, and document SAS programs for datasets, TFLs, and macros, applying good programming practice.
- Identify data issues and outliers.
- Complete, review, and approve CDISC Validation tool reports,
- Identify data and standards issues and resolve or escalate as appropriate,
- Maintain an awareness of emerging standards and associated impact to ongoing and future planned trials.
- Maintain proficiency in SAS and awareness of developments.
- Maintain study master file documents and any other documents that are required to be audit ready.
- Line manage statisticians, programmers, and other technical staff.
- Lead process improvement initiatives.
Skills and Requirements:
- BSc, MSc, or PhD in numerical discipline (or relevant equivalent industry experience).
- At least 6 years of relevant industry experience.
- Understanding clinical drug development process, relevant disease areas, endpoints, and study designs.
- Awareness of industry and project standards & ICH guidelines.
- Proficiency in data handling using SAS or other statistical software (e.g. R).
Proclinical Staffing is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.