Pre-clinical Senior Statistician
A well-known global pharmaceutical company, with leading products across various therapeutic areas, is looking to hire a Pre-clinical Senior Statistician to join their Data Sciences & Quantitative Biology department based in Cambridge, UK. This vacancy is an exciting opportunity to work at a top global pharmaceutical company and working in a team of biostatisticians, bioinformaticians, machine-learning specialists and image analysts.
- Applying and further developing your statistical knowledge to collaborate with researchers in a variety of project teams.
- Working on multiple projects to provide support for programs, such as drug discovery, pre-clinical in-vivoor in vitro studies, assay and process development, quality control, and various 'omics platforms.
- Identifying and delivering solutions for addressing key biological questions through statistics.
- Building relationships with stakeholders to demonstrate value of statistics across AZ.
- Communicating statistical concepts and results to engage a diverse audience.
- Improving the underlying statistical capabilities and awareness of stakeholders.
- Contributing to and lead both local and global projects.
- Engaging with external collaborators via publications and presentations.
- A self-started who works independently driving projects forward.
- Be innovative in the identifying areas where you can have impact, in the statistical solutions you propose and in how you engage with the stakeholders.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in statistics, mathematics, data science or equivalent experience.
- Programming experience with R, Python, or similar.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, especially when communicating statistical concepts to non-statisticians.
- Sound understanding of statistical methods and applications.
- To be successful in this, you will have a problem-solving mindset and a perceptive approach.
- A dedicated and curious applied Statistician.
- Contributions will support preclinical and nonclinical scientists and will have a profound impact on R&D.
- Solving challenging problems through collaboration and partnerships.
- Expert in your field and you know that the best results are achieved by utilising the strengths of every individual.
- Previous consulting experience.
- Experience in applying statistics to biological problems.
- Experience in exploring and optimising experimental design.
- General knowledge of the drug research and development process.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Emma Adams at +44 203 854 3893 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Up to €70000.00 per annum
Rome (province), Italy
One of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies in the world is currently recruiting for a Biostatistics Lead.
Up to Swiss Franc90.00 per hour
A leading biopharmaceutical company is currently hiring a Contract Statistician to join their team in Switzerland.
Up to US$140000.00 per annum
A leading and multinational contract research organisation (CRO) is advertise a vacancy for a Senior/Principal Statistician.
Up to £80000.00 per annum
A leading and global consulting company providing services and technology solutions, is currently recruiting a Lead Statistician to join their team based in London.
One of the top 10 pharmaceutical organisations is currently recruiting for a Lead HTA Statistics & Analytics to join their team.