Pharmacology Research Associate
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Pharmacology Research Associate for a global biotechnology company located in Worcester, MA. Successful candidate will conduct in-vitro/ex-vivo pharmacology studies on the characterization of drug candidate molecules and the validation of drug targets.
- Design and perform biochemical and cellular studies of drug potency and mechanism of action
- Analysis and interpretation of quantitative data
- Effectively organize and communicate research progress and activities through oral and written presentations
- Read and apply relevant scientific literature
- Maintenance of accurate and current records of research
Skills and Requirements:
- BS in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biology, or a related discipline
- 0-5 years of relevant laboratory experience or a research-based M.S. degree
- Experience with cellular assays: 2nd messenger, proliferation, phospho-protein analysis, gene reporter, and release of soluble mediators
- Experience with biochemical assays: enzymatic activity, binding
- Experience with cell culture and the preparation and testing of primary immune cells
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, curious of the science, and desiring to learn novel in vitro pharmacology techniques
- Experience with use of laboratory automation equipment
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with spreadsheets, databases, and curve-fitting programs
- Candidate must be highly collaborative and thrive in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong organizational, communication, and inter-personal skills
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross-functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Basic sterile cell culture knowledge
- Basic molecular biology/biochemistry concepts
- Follows established protocols independently
- Basic laboratory troubleshooting
- Animal tissue collection procedures
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nikki Ranieri at (+1) 215-531-5288 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
Up to Swiss Franc160000.00 per annum
A speciality biopharmaceutical company is currently recruiting a Senior Clinical Pharmacometrician to join their team in Zurich, Switzerland.