Pharmacology Associate Scientist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Pharmacology Associate Scientist with a biopharmaceutical company located in Worcester, MA.
- Design and perform biochemical and cellular studies of drug potency and mechanism of action
- Assist in animal tissue collection procedures and sample processing
- Analysis and interpretation of quantitative data
- Effectively organize and communicate research progress and activities through oral and written presentations
- Read and apply relevant scientific literature
- Maintenance of accurate and current records of research
Skills and Requirements:
- B.S. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biology, or a related discipline
- 0-5 years of relevant laboratory experience or a research-based M.S. degree
- Experience with cellular assays: 2nd messenger, proliferation, phospho-protein analysis, gene reporter, and release of soluble mediators
- Experience with biochemical assays: enzymatic activity, binding
- Experience with cell culture and the preparation and testing of primary immune cells
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, curious of the science, and desiring to learn novel in vitro pharmacology techniques
- Experience with use of laboratory automation equipment
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with spreadsheets, databases, and curve-fitting programs
- Candidate must be highly collaborative and thrive in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong organizational, communication, and inter-personal skills
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.