Nurse Educator - Oncology
Nurse Educator - Oncology - Permanent - Onsite
Proclinical Staffing is seeking a Nurse Educator - Oncology to join a cutting-edge biotech company. This is a permanent role located in Arizona.
The primary role of the NE is to educate healthcare professionals involved in the patient care team (e.g., MD, RN, NP, PA, Pharm.D., Optometrist, Nurse Navigators), in collaboration with other commercial colleagues and to enable the safe and appropriate use of therapies. As a commercial-integrated educational resource, the NE helps the patient care team deliver optimal patient care through education on the product that supports the safe and responsible initiation of therapy and promotes adherence to treatment in both the academic and community setting. Education may include patient treatment management including dosing, adverse event mitigation and management, and other related clinical topics. As appropriate, the NE helps with the design of tools and resources that enhance the clinical management of patients (e.g., patient and healthcare provider educational resources).
Skills & Requirements:
- Clinical degree including Bachelor's degree in Nursing, PharmD, NP, or PA
- Master's level education preferred
- Three or more years of combined clinical experience and/or pharmaceutical sales, clinical educator, or medical affairs experience (Oncology preferred)
- Experience working in or supporting patients and HCPs in the infusion center setting, including the development/implementation of chemotherapy/biologics infusion procedures and protocols for therapy administration and patient safety monitoring is preferred.
- Excellent communication(s), objective setting, influencing, business acumen, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience adapting to change and embracing learning
- Demonstrated experience interpreting clinical and pharmacoeconomic data
- Recognizes evolving shifts in oncology market trends and respective effects on provider and patient
- Success operating within a cross-functional team
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and other relevant applications
- Must live within territory
- The individual must be able to travel 60% of the time, including the ability to travel overnight and occasionally on weekends
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
- Must have authorization and ability to drive a Company leased vehicle or rental.
The Nurse Educator - Oncology will:
- Serve as a strategic education leader across academic and community oncology accounts by way of:
- Proactive and reactive education with approved resources to the patient care team members (e.g., MD, RN, NP, PA, Pharm.D., Optometrist, Nurse Navigators)
- Develops a customized educational plan through the analysis of account dynamics and clinical insights that meet the patient care team's needs and clinical challenges.
- Educate on the clinical profile of TA products, including but not limited to clinical benefits; preparation and administration requirements; and adverse event mitigation, monitoring, and management.
- Interpret and communicate relevant clinical education topics to diverse audiences.
- Educate on disease state awareness, including clinical and operational aspects of appropriate patient diagnosis.
- Provide education programs through 1:1 presentations/in-services, round-table discussions, and podium presentations.
- Educate patient care teams (infusion nurses, pharmacy, and other medical staff) about the infusion process associated with the product.
- Utilize strategic questioning and active listening to routinely document and share clinical insights.
- Attend and provide clinical information and/or presentations at internal national, regional, and local meetings.
- Provide staff support as appropriate at exhibit booths and displays.
- Provide support to enhance training initiatives clinically and improve the clinical competencies of the internal sales team.
- As deemed appropriate, collaborates across internal functional areas as it relates to the Oncology business (e.g., sales, marketing, clinical operations, medical, clinical value & evidence)
- Potentially provide education to patients in patient advocacy meeting settings using materials and messaging tailored and approved for use with such an audience.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Emily Notman at (+1) 617-963-0344 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.