NGS Scientist - PHARMA
An excellent multinational healthcare company is seeking a skilled NGS Scientist - PHARMA, you will be based in the desirable area of Basel, Switzerland. This is a chance to join a top healthcare organisation who provide an innovative range of diagnostic solutions and medicines.
- Directing contribution to pre-clinical research with your expertise in Genetics & Genomics to enable cpd safety evaluation and translational biomarkers
- Scientific and technical contribution to experimental design, analysis, and interpretation of data
- Responsibility to perform assigned tasks independently, on time and within own forecasted budget specifically in the NGS area (eg RNAseq on animal tissue samples)
- Presenting of own results to supervisor, team members, within the department, to collaborators.
- Flexibility in working with other groups throughout the department to meet the needs of the department's portfolio.
- Sharing insights, knowledge and experience within the Genetics & Genomics team.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in oncology, immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology or related field, ideally as well as the first experience within the pharma industry.
- Experienced in using NGS platforms (Illumina, Oxford Nanopore) and data analyses tools.
- Solid overall knowledge of the research and drug development process.
- Display self-initiative and a strong sense of accountability with an ability and willingness to challenge, be challenged and learn.
- Committed team player, mindful of interpersonal dynamics and respectful to the viewpoints and ideas of other colleagues.
- Build and foster multidisciplinary relationships, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to influence others.
- Display a positive mindset, are flexible, proactive, dynamic and can easily adapt to change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Previous experience in managing outsourcing of Genetics & Genomics activities to external service providers.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Luke Saner at +443300524502 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
A leading biopharmaceutical company is seeking to recruit a CMC - Purification to their office in Shanghai.
A growing global leader in the development, delivery and commercialisation of cell therapies have a fantastic job opening for a Technical Service Operator at their base in Hertfordshire.
A leading biotechnology company focused on AAV based gene therapy is currently recruiting a Research Project Manager to their London office.