NGS Computation Scientist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an NGS Computational Scientist with a pharmaceutical company located in Rockville, MD. The candidate must have a deep understanding and experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) analysis of DNA and RNA data and have developed bioinformatics software tools or pipelines currently used in the scientific community.
- Develop and apply bioinformatics approaches and tools to support rapidly evolving genomic applications in vaccine R&D
- Implement applications on a range of novel sequencing platforms such as Illumina, PacBio and Nanopore sequencers
- Work both independently and as a member of cross-functional teams of CMC scientists working on high impact and visibility vaccine programs on experimental design, sequencing, data analysis and implementation of bioinformatics pipelines for the analysis of NGS data
- Support applications on various vaccine development platforms (RNA and mammalian CHO based)
- Serve as a subject matter expert on bioinformatics and train other team members
- Support the maintenance of the local server infrastructure
Skills and Requirements:
- An advanced degree (MS/PhD) in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Computational Biology or a related scientific field
- Have at least 3+ years of research experience on computational and NGS analysis on sequencing platforms such as Illumina, PacBio and Nanopore
- Ability to write scripts and perform programming to customize and optimize current software suite and to retrieve data from external bioinformatics databases
- Proficiency in UNIX operating system and computer programming languages such as: Bash, C, C++, Perl, Python, R, and JAVA
- Deep understanding of analytical approaches and tools for genomic data analysis plus familiarity with genome databases
- Basic understanding in molecular biology and genomics
- Must be detail oriented; possess problem solving skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Preferred Qualifications include working experience with gene therapies or specifically mRNA-based vaccines or therapeutics, good interpersonal and communication skills and able to collaborate in a cross-functional environment, wet lab experience with molecular biology techniques
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sarah Beshara at 267-477-3355 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.