MSL / Senior MSL - Southern States
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Infectious Disease Medical Science Liaison for a biotechnology company located in Atlanta, GA. Successful candidate will be responsible for providing non-promotional scientific, educational, and research support for the emerging infectious disease portfolio, with a particular focus in the area of C. difficile infection.
- Increase visibility among major infectious disease stakeholders, helping to build the company reputation as a science-driven leader in the development and commercialization of novel antibiotics.
- Provide accurate clinical, scientific and medical information to health care professionals, trial investigators, other members of the scientific, provider and payer community, and colleagues
- Identify, establish and maintain collaborative relationships with key experts, investigators and institutions strategic to product development.
- Collaborate with clinical and scientific teams and CROs to coordinate and optimize educational and research support for sites/investigators in clinical trials, ensuring appropriate communication of product and disease information to trial sites and leading medical educational initiatives and presentations at sites.
- Participate in medical education initiatives for HCPs and other stakeholders through presentations at office visits, advisory boards, medical meetings, and other appropriate venues; work with relevant colleagues to identify and address local/regional educational gaps/needs.
- Contribute to company-wide development of Medical Affairs strategies and materials, including MSL and medical information resources, peer-review publications and data presentations.
- Gather, record, analyze and share internally product, disease, customer, market and competitor intelligence gained from stakeholder interactions, literature and meetings, and work with colleagues in other functions to ensure this appropriately impacts the company's planning and execution of its programs.
- Respond to unsolicited requests regarding interest in investigator sponsored studies (ISS), and support ISS submissions through appropriate internal processes.
- Respond to unsolicited requests for medical information.
- Adhere to regulatory and compliance guidelines and company policies in all aspects of scientific dissemination of information.
- Maintain business and clinical knowledge of infectious diseases treatment landscape, and especially C. difficile infection, including current management strategies, current and pending competitors, and new therapeutic developments.
- Maintain clinical expertise through comprehensive education including attendance at relevant symposia, scientific workshops, and review of key journals.
- Travel 60% or greater, including domestic and international travel as needed.
Skills and Requirements:
- PharmD, MD, PhD, or other appropriate post-graduate healthcare degree.
- 3+ years relevant pharma/biotech experience, ideally including experience of field-medical roles in bacterial or systemic fungal diseases (position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience).
- Ability to initiate and maintain relationships with medical community stakeholders including HCPs, pharmacy directors, formulary committee members and payers.
- Clear understanding of current medical practice and clinical decision making.
- Ability to identify unmet medical, educational, and research needs within the regional medical community.
- Interpretation of scientific data and ability to translate and deliver this to meet educational and research needs; understanding of requirements around development of peer-review publications; the jobholder will need to develop deep knowledge of the antibiotic pipeline and the broader disease area.
- Understanding of healthcare systems affecting patient care.
- Understanding of the design and execution of research studies.
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Understanding of and ability to implement field medical tactics/activities which include, but are not limited to: disease state, current therapies, outcomes, and basic health economic parameters.
- Understanding of highly regulated pharmaceuticals environment.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record and ability to pass a complete background check.
- Legal authorization to work in the US.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Divya Mistry at (+1) 646-630-9650 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.