MSAT Manager - Biologics
Proclinical are recruiting for a MSAT Manager - Biologics to join a biotech organisation. This role is on a permanent basis and is located in Oxford.
- Responsible for process development and characterisation of clarification using depth filtration filters, tangential flow filtration using hollow fibres, and chromatography for capture and polishing steps.
- Partake in the regular running of the lab and upkeep of the equipment.
- Author technical SOPs, protocols, reports, or batch documents when needed.
- Support the prioritisation of development samples for testing to the analytical CMC team.
- Serve as a representative for 60% of the lab accomplishing experimental work, and 40% designing experiments, authoring high-quality protocol and reports.
- Will have the prospect to handle three downstream scientists as part of the role.
- Contribute to the team and any other scientific meetings, displaying data and conclusions when necessary.
- Follow suitable policies and processes linking to working in the lab.
- Other duties may be assigned to this role.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Educated to a degree level in a life science field.
- Demonstrable experience in lab work, mostly obtained in a biotech/pharmaceutical environment.
- Familiarity guiding a team of 1-2 people.
- Know-how of enveloped viral vector purification with past purification challenges as part of the experience trait.
- Expertise on the following: ability to conduct experiments independently: depth filtration, tangential flow filtration, chromatography, etc.
- Capable of writing and recording lab actions clearly and precisely.
- Computer literacy.
- Able to analyse and author factual, precise and concise reports.
- An organised individual who is motivated and works well in a team.
- Leadership abilities.
- Proficiency and ability to work well independently within a lab.
- Interpersonal capabilities.
- Able to meet deadlines and is ready to adapt and change priorities within a fast-paced settings.
- A high attention to detail.
- Capable of working well under minimal supervision.
- Ability to resolve issues.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Ed Little at +44 203 148 8353.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.