Molecular Biology Technician - 6 Month Assignment
The Molecular Biology Technician role will involve fully automated RNA extraction and RT-PCR workflows. You will need to be comfortable performing this while using PPE.
Individuals will work in teams of 2-3 to operate Beckman I series robotics to perform automated magnetic bead RNA extraction procedures and track sample through the LIMS system. Followed by performing the RT-PCR reaction setup including manual pipetting as well as automated plate preparation using benchtop automation equipment. Following plate preparation, lab technicians/scientists will be responsible for taking the samples once they are ready for analysis and setting up the assay on the qPCR instrument.
This role is critical to the screening workflow and you will be assigned to a specific assessment method and trained on it extensively. We will equip you with the required PPE for the level of exposure and you will have to strictly adhere to the specific testing method COVID-19 Testing SOP.
- Work in BSL1 lab with previous experience of automation and molecular biology techniques preferred.
- Work with human biological specimens. HepB Vaccination advised.
- Work with samples which may contain SARS-Cov-2.
- Attention to detail to ensure chain of custody of all samples
- Working and communicating across a fast-paced cross organisational team.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.