Molecular and Cellular Biologist
A pioneering DNA research and development company located in West London is looking for a Molecular and Cellular Biologist to join their team. This is an exciting, fast paced research environment suited to creative individuals.
We are looking for a Molecular and cCellular biologist to join our growing Gene Therapy Research team responsible for delivering new therapeutic applications for dbDNA technology in the cell and gene therapy landscape. In addition to general tasks related to the maintenance and organisation of lab infrastructure, the postholder will be expected to contribute to the design and implementation of various molecular, cellular, and viral biology workflows in the laboratory, including optimisation of cloning, cell culture experiments, production of viral vectors, RT-qPCR, and gene expression analysis. The postholder will also be responsible for the small-scale manufacturing of dbDNA when necessary to support ongoing gene therapy projects. Suitable candidates should have a strong background in molecular and cellular biology, and experience in gene therapy is highly desirable.
Skills and Requirements
- Applicants should have either a PhD in the areas of Molecular and Cellular Biology or Gene Therapy, or a minimum of 4 years laboratory experience in an academic or industry setting in a molecular and cellular biology related discipline
- Essential technical experience: mammalian cell culture and transfection, cell-based, assays, western blot, qRT-PCR, molecular biology techniques such as cloning, PCR, mutagenesis and in related specialised DNA characterisation techniques
- Desirable technical experience in: ELISA, Flow cytometry, imaging
- Experience in viral production and/or gene therapy is highly desirable
- Good knowledge of general laboratory procedures. Experience in lab management would be desirable.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team in a highly dynamic environment and on several different projects or tasks concurrently.
- The successful candidate must be engaged with science, willing to learn new techniques, adaptable to new approaches, and eager to work with a fast-moving team.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical and medical device companies.