Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Microbiologist with a biopharmaceutical company located in North Chicago, IL.
- Performs Quality Control laboratory testing to ensure patient safety within a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)/Good Lab Practices (GLP) environment in support of one or more of the following areas: active pharmaceutical ingredients, incoming/raw materials, in-process product, finished product, stability, and/or validation.
- Interprets data output to determine conformance with product specifications and records results.
- Understands, implements, and maintains a safe work environment for themselves and others in accordance with procedural requirements.
- Has experience and command of multiple microbiological techniques, equipment, and instruments (such as aseptic technique).
- Independently troubleshoots and resolves microbiological techniques and instrument issues.
- Maintains training as needed. Accepts responsibility for acquiring knowledge and experience to support continual personal development.
- Communicates proactively with supervisor and team members on frequent basis to ensure timely product release.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, or related field, with 2-4 years lab experience desired.
- Associate degree with at least 5 years of directly related lab experience.
- Basic computer proficiency of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- Excellent problem-solving, written, and verbal skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow procedures
- Works to maintain a positive work environment and culture
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and project management skills
- Proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation, and integrity
- Pour Plate Microbial Enumeration
- Filtration Microbial Enumeration
- Organism Detection Testing
- Bacterial Endotoxin Testing using Chromogenic, Turbidimetric, and Gel Clot techniques.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Zachary Hines at 215-531-6914.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.