Medical Science Liason - Rare Diseases
Proclinical has partnered with a dynamic biopharmaceutical company to find a talented MSL, who specialises in Rare Diseases. This role will include becoming an expert in the company's products, establishing a relationship with other clinicians. Working in rare diseases gives MSLs a great sense of impact as they will work closely not only with small patient groups but with patient advocacy groups in providing a better qaulity of life for the patients families as well as the patients themselves.
The scope of work will be broad and encompass many activity that would typically be reserved for in-house medical advisors, so this role can offer new experiences and development opportunities
The ideal candidate will need to be able to start at short notice i.e. within 1 month and have existing experience either of pharma industry Rare Diseases or as an MSL, ideally both.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor in a scientific discipline
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related environment
- Hands-on experience working with KOLs, clinicians, HCPs, payors and/or academic institutions establishing/maintaining relationships and scientific/medical credibility
- Experience interpreting scientific data and presenting research information to scientists and HCPs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and skills, including scientific/ technical writing and presentations/trainings including the ability to communicate complex technical information clearly
- Ability to work independently with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.