Medical Science Liaison Netherlands & Nordics
An exciting role has become available for a Medical Science Liaison, to bring their scientific expertise to a pharmaceutical company. In this role you will be responsible for engagement with stakeholders at important institutions, including potential and confirmed clinical research sites. This role is based in the Netherlands, with the option to work from home.
- Develop and continuously maintain the highest scientific and medical expertise of all relevant diseases, products, development plans, and be acknowledged internally and externally as an expert
- Identify and develop productive collaborations with Key Opinion Leaders, other important customers and stakeholders, including professional organisations
- Support the development and implementation of Medical Affairs Plans to advance product development objectives
- Ensure timely and informative scientific/medical exchanges with external stakeholders that accurately reflect scientific data and research objectives
- Deliver high quality scientific/medical education in a variety of settings, including related to diseases of interest, clinical studies, investigational products, licensed products and obtain valuable feedback that can be disseminated throughout the organisation.
- Implement medical affairs practices to assess potential new indications, including the treating community, patient pathways, diagnostic practices and management
- Coordinate the timely and appropriate response to internal and external Medical Information enquires
- Attend appropriate local, national and international meetings and congresses to gather intelligence, develop productive collaborations, assist personal education
- Identify potential investigators and centres for participation in clinical research, support feasibility assessments and site initiation, and develop and maintain productive collaborations
- Conduct training with CRO, CRAs and study site staff as required
- Develop and execute the optimal site contact plan ensuring to build and maintain productive collaborations with sites to support clinical research.
- Support cross-functional teams to ensure operations are patient-focused, including rapidly responding to internal and external requests to discuss specific situations and challenges and provide medical affairs support to all stakeholders.
Skills and Requirements
- Scientific, healthcare or medical degree (MS, PharmD, PhD, MD, RN, PA)
- 3+ years field-based experience in biopharmaceutical industry
- Experience in clinical R&D and/or medical affairs preferred
- Clinical experience in neurology, immunology, and/or rare diseases is an advantage
- Ability to quickly understand: complex disease areas, treatments and clinical development plans , and the healthcare landscape, hospitals, healthcare professionals, patient journey
- Proven track record of delivering results that meet or exceed targeted objectives
- Knowledge of regulations and practices related to industry interactions with healthcare professionals
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.