Medical Lead - Rare Diseases
Proclinical is working with a leading global pharmaceutical company that is seeking a Medical Lead to lead a team of Medical Science Liaisons. You will be expected to ensure the development of the medical affairs strategy of the drug portfolio. This position reports to our Global Medical Affairs function based in Switzerland but you will ensure close collaboration with our UK affiliate.
- Provide medical affairs leadership for the Orphan drug therapeutic area in the UK
- Ensure the development and execution of Italy medical plan in support of best clinical practices and overall objectives aligned with Global
- Medical Affairs plans and brand strategic plan (developed jointly with Medical, Marketing and Market Access)
- Provide medical leadership, insight and strategy to all medical activities, collaborating across functions
- Lead the implementation of medical affairs practices to assess new indications, the treating community, patient pathways, identifying patients for clinical research and to develop a thorough understanding of the disease area
- Support and advise cross-functional teams to ensure patient-focused activities at all times
- Initiate and support medical affairs activities, such as KOL engagement (advisory boards, professional organisations), medical education, medical publications and new data generation including investigator initiated research
- Support reimbursement applications in UK through development of appropriate medical documents and provision of medical expertise with internal and external partners for HTA process.
- Medical leadership of early access programs in Italy including liaison with KOL experts and program design, implementation and analysis
Skills and Requirements
- Medical (M.D.) or Scientific education (Ph.D., Pharm. D.)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry (Medical Affairs or Clinical Development)
- Medical experience with Orphan Drugs/specialised technologies
- Previous direct experience with HTA applications and management of early access programs in UK
- Demonstrated availability to accurately and effectively evaluate medical scientific literature. Knowledge of study design and conduct
- Proven relationship building skills with key opinion leaders
- Understanding of medical aspects of therapeutic area along with willingness to develop in-depth expertise
- Experience of working with commercial and market access teams as well a strong focus on patient centricity and safety
- Professional level in English, both in oral and in written communications
- Excellent user of Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.