Medical Director Respiratory
A global healthcare company is looking for a Respiratory Therapeutic Medical Director who can coordinate with cross-functional teams to ensure all Medical Affairs strategy goals are met. This is a great chance to join an international organisation who specialise in the development of innovative pharmaceutical medicines.
- To provide leadership and development of the Respiratory Medical Team ensuring good Medical Governance and Quality Assurance.
- Partner with key stakeholders, as appropriate, to optimise launch/access to medicines, gather medical insights from the field medical team, patient advocacy and key external stakeholders to inform and shape product strategy.
- To work closely with aligned Head of the Business Unit, Marketing and Sales Director and wider France Commercial teams to agree prioritisation and implementation plans that include best-practice medical communication and active EE/customer interaction.
- To work with Health Outcomes Research to influence positive market access through external stakeholder engagement and HAS etc submissions. Working internally and externally to influence the external environment to provide an environment where innovation is recognized.
- To ensure appropriate use and pharmacovigilance of GSK medicines - in marketed brands and development projects
- Responsibility for departmental budgets (including oversight of clinical study budget), headcount plans and forecasts, workload and productivity of staff to meet agreed plans
- To maintain and leverage effective relationships with central R&D and to ensure, through Therapeutic Area / above country representation, that France influence is appropriately reflected in Global/European plans, recognising the need for European consistency and cohesion through a 'Europe First' mindset.
- Line management of up to 15 FTE.
- Responsibility for cost centre management and budget.
Skills and Requirements
- GMC Registered Medical Doctor
- Strong experience in management
- Experience of respiratory medicine highly advantageous
- Pharmaceutical industry experience with significant breadth of experience in Medical Affairs
- Knowledge of the complex and ever-changing France healthcare environment in which GSK operates
- Good understanding and demonstrable ability to balance medical and commercial imperatives to maximise the benefit to patients who use GSK products, building highly effective relationships and networks
- Ability to understand business objectives and in the context of the external environment
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Kain Rix at 0203 854 2623 or upload your CV on our website -www.proclinical.com/send-cv
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.