Medical Director (Continuing Medical Education)
Proclinical is seeking a Medical Director for a continuing medical education organization.
As the Medical Director, you will collaborate with internal and external experts to (1) identify existing practice gaps and underlying unmet needs, (2) develop strategic needs assessments that align these practice gaps and unmet needs with innovative solutions to address these needs, (3) identify opportunities for new business development, and (4) create high-quality content for medical education activities that meets established timelines and budgets.
Must be eligible to work in the US.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the rules and regulations that govern accredited continuing medical education and continuing professional development (ie, ACCME, ACPE, ANCC, AAPA, AANP).
- Develop and maintain knowledge of important clinical issues and industry trends in Oncology.
- Establish, maintain, and leverage relationships with nationally and internationally recognized Oncology faculty thought leaders.
- Design high-quality, accredited education (live and online formats) based on unmet needs and clearly defined learning objectives.
- Work closely with the faculty presenters to develop high-quality educational content for live, multimedia, or text-based activities while meeting the project timelines. This includes creating and coordinating PPT slide development for live and multimedia education and moderating faculty recordings for multimedia education.
- Collaborate with the assigned project team to finalize the educational content, related visuals, and (for online) the audio, video, and slide animations, keeping to timelines and budget.
- Develop questions for post-tests, outcomes assessments, and learner surveys.
- Weekly work on proposals/needs assessments for physicians, as well as other healthcare professionals.
- Contribute to new business development by identifying clinical practice gaps along with suggesting relevant potential funders.
Skills and Requirements:
- Comfortable working from home and highly motivated to work independently as well as part of a team in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment.
- Advanced medical or science degree is preferred, candidates with 4+ years' experience in the medical education field also will be considered.
- All candidates must demonstrate knowledge of specific therapeutic areas, existing relationships with faculty thought leaders, proven track record of grant writing that has resulted in receipt of funding, and significant experience designing, writing, and editing clinical content for healthcare professionals.
- At least 4-5 years of relevant experience in medical education.
- Positive, upbeat personality who communicates concisely and clearly, both written and verbal. Knowledge of the rules and regulations overseeing medical education as well as familiarity with current trends in the industry.
- Solid background and experience in Oncology, as defined by amount of confirmed grant funding and number of existing thought leader relationships and designed/developed educational activities.
- Existing relationships with faculty thought leaders in Oncology.
- Comfortably conversant in key/emerging issues and familiar with the renowned thought leaders, commercial supporters, societies, patient organizations, and other groups in Oncology.
- Adept at researching, compiling, and analyzing clinical and scientific evidence quickly.
- Solid editorial (writing and editing) skills and capability to adapt editorial style based on the educational format and/or the target audience (physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other healthcare professionals).
- Expert at Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint and Word.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, virtual, and dynamic work environment.
- Proven ability to effectively set priorities, manage multiple projects/assignments in various stages of development, and meet timelines, all while maintaining high quality standards
- Familiarity with AMA Style Guide
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Patrick Mooney at +(1) 619-963-2702 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.