Medical Director, Clinical Development
Proclinical is urgently searching for a Medical Director of Clinical Development to work with a Pre-IPO biotechnology company located in Boston, MA. As the Medical Director, you will present to governance committees (e.g. Development or Scientific Reviews) as well as provide important, strategic inputs in Clinical Development decision-making.
- Provides ongoing clinical development expertise and guidance to Medical Communications, MSLs, and Health Economics.
- Provides input into brand and launch plans and other relevant commercial strategies.
- Anticipates commercial strategies and needs and proactively initiates activities to meet these.
- Directs others in implementing Phase IV strategies, studies, registries, and communication/publications activities.
Skills and Requirements:
- MD (Medical Oncologist)
- Must demonstrate 4 or more years' biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience OR be a recognized expert in the field
- Strong academic/teaching background is strongly preferred
- Strong background/experience with clinical trials (as typically measured by 2 or more years' experience)
- Strong, relevant therapeutic experience (as typically measured by 3 or more years' relevant experience)
- Broad experience the principles and techniques of data analysis, interpretation and clinical relevance (e.g., ISS, ISE, competitor data, etc.)
- Previous people management experience is a plus
- In-depth understanding of Phase I-III or Phase IV drug development.
- Broad understanding of post-marketing drug development
- Comprehensive understanding of product and safety profiles
- Well-versed in medical aspects of health authority regulations
- Clinical leadership: is regarded as an expert in his/her field, is highly respected by others, can effectively contribute to longer range drug development, and can lead cross-functional teams to successful results
- Strong business acumen: has in-depth knowledge of the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, business model and the multiple functions and roles involved in the company's drug development process.
- Effectively contributes to development of disease strategies and plans
- Able to make trade-off decisions and determine priorities and goals
- Aptitude or proven ability to manage others (can lead and motivate direct reports, as well as prioritize and oversee their work through to successful outcomes)
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Paige Sanderson at (+1) 646-367-2618 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.