Medical Affairs Manager - Rare Diseases
A leading biotechnology company that specialises in RNAi therapeutics is advertising a vacancy for a Medical Affairs Manager - Rare Diseases position. The organisation uses this innovative form of therapy to treat rare genetic, cardio metabolic, acute hepatic infectious, central nervous system (CNS) and ocular diseases. The Office Coordinator will join this company in their office in Germany. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated applicant to develop a career in a truly revolutionary field.
- Develop peer-to-peer scientific relationships with HCPs and giving medical support to the corresponding cross-functional disease area teams.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Country Medical Affairs Plan and strategy, to support disease awareness, best clinical practice, and the overall corporate objectives.
- Identify key opinion leaders and cultivate a network of experts for the specific disease areas.
- Initiate and support high impact medical education activities, including congress symposia, hospital meetings, and speaker development programs; provide medical and scientific input into the planning and execution of advisory boards.
- Actively engage with CEMEA & Global Medical Affairs and other functions, providing medical leadership within the TA to ensure the effective local implementation of company strategy and appropriate use of local market intelligence and development opportunities.
- Collaborate with health care professionals to identify opportunities for the development of algorithms and guidelines to facilitate early diagnosis.
- Support the efforts of patient support groups.
- Manage requests for company product supply in off-label and compassionate use cases in accordance with local and company procedures.
- Coordinate the timely and appropriate response to Medical Information enquires, utilizing global medical information resources and in line with local regulatory requirements.
- Training internal team members in relevant therapy areas and product training.
Skills and Requirements:
- MD (Medical Doctor), PhD, and/or equally academic qualified healthcare professional; Degree in medical/natural science (PhD, MD) is preferred.
- Prior experience in rare disease/Orphan drug products strongly preferred.
- Proven basic science and/or clinical background to enable engagement of Health Care Professionals in a scientifically meaningful exchange.
- Good analytical skills as applied to medical, scientific, and technical information.
- Experience in clinical research, patient recruitment, and investigator-sponsored trials.
- Experience in medical education and KOL management.
- Effective communication of evidence based scientific information.
- Knowledge of aspects of drug development, GCP and local regulations.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Tom Russell at +44 203 824 6104 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical Staffing is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
An oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients with cancer is advertising a vacancy for a Medical Affairs Expanded Access Manager.
An internationally leading pharmaceutical company is seeking to recruit a Global Medical Lead Rare Immunology to their office in Switzerland.
An internationally known biotechnology company has an opening for a Early Access Program Lead job at their Zurich office.
An internationally renowned pharmaceutical organisation is seeking to hire a Medical Manager to their office in the UK.