Manager/Senior Scientist Upstream Process Development
A global healthcare company is advertising a vacancy for a Senior Scientist Upstream Process Development position. The company's products and services have been used to help care for critically and chronically ill patients. Based in Geneva, Switzerland, this is an exciting opportunity to bring expertise and skills to an established and in-demand company that specialises in infusion, transfusion and clinical nutrition.
- Help set up and run an upstream process (USP) development laboratory including vendor selection, equipment purchase and installation.
- Assume a leading role in the planning and execution of USP process development and characterisation studies.
- Author, review, edit, and approve internal protocols / reports, documents, external presentations and manuscripts.
- Use the most appropriate experimental design (including DoE) and problem-solving methods to achieve biosimilarity within the pre-defined analytical ranges.
- Represent Upstream Process Development at cross functional meetings.
- Lead USP tech transfer activities for handover and scale up of projects to external GMP manufacturing sites.
- Coach, mentor and provide technical guidance to scientists and technicians.
Skills and Requirements:
- Advanced scientific degree: PhD or BSc in biotech process sciences or similar field.
- Minimum 6 years' experience in Pharma/Biotech/Biosimilars Industry with demonstrated track record in Upstream processing for biologics (specifically mammalian cell culture).
- Strong technical and scientific expertise across the Upstream development spectrum including process development, scale up, tech transfer and process characterisation.
- Experience with high throughput USP laboratory equipment, use of DoE and Six Sigma techniques would be desirable.
- Experience in evaluation and implementation of new technologies are desirable but not essential.
- Technical leadership and influencing skills.
- Ability to critically evaluate scientific data obtained at different stages of development.
- Strong analytical skills to drive teams to deliver.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Flexibility to switch between projects if necessary.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and action / result driven.
- Fluency in English essential, French would be an asset.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Maddalena Sarnataro at 0203 854 2625 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
A global healthcare company is advertising a vacancy for a Scientist Upstream Process Development to join their team in Geneva, Switzerland.
A leading and global biopharmaceutical company is currently hiring a Process Science Lead to join their team.
In this position, you will be joining a team of scientists responsible for the development and scale-up of purification processes.