Manager of Application Specialists - Japan
A leading and worldwide pharmaceutical and laboratory equipment provider is currently recruiting a Manager of Application Specialists to join their team in Tokyo, Japan. This organisation employees more than 8,100 people globally and has approximately 50 manufacturing and sales sites serving customers around the world. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an internationally renowned company and bolster a career in the field of bioprocessing.
- Allocating team resources (team of 10) and monitor deliverables to ensure all client needs are met successfully and in a timely manner.
- Managing and maintaining the demo lab and equipment (located in office and collaboration partners).
- Coaching, training and developing Application Specialists in building a strong, progressive, and motivated work team.
- Managing technical complaints and escalations with the support of Application Specialists and Quality Specialist.
- Directing staffing, interviewing, training, and performance evaluations of Application Specialists.
- Regularly reviewing and reporting of the ongoing projects and activities.
- Ensuring retention of key people and manage attrition.
- Reviewing the account/territory plans with sales management and deploy technical resources for planned actions.
- Monitoring and control of team expenses as per budget.
- Working closely with Head of General Sales Japan to identify new business opportunities and support in conversion to business.
- Coordinating with Training Specialist for developing and providing technical training to sales team.
- Establishing and managing on-going procedures/processes for assimilation and dissemination of information across the team.
- Active participation in leadership team meetings, annual business planning sessions, succession planning and performance calibration sessions are essential parts of this role.
- Ensuring adherence to ethics and practice of core values of the company.
- To always act in a responsible manner to avoid risk to self or to the company and comply with workplace safety and health and security policy.
- Undertaking any relevant tasks as may be directed by the superior from time to time.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering or Master's Degree in Biotechnology or equivalent.
- At least 10 to 5 years of Sales / Application Specialists experience preferably with at least 5 years of team management experience.
- Strong network within the biopharmaceutical industry in the region
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- Comfortable with change and desirous of continuous improvement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office programs.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Joseph Coudray or +44 203 854 0629 upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.