Manager Medical Information
Proclinical is currently partnering with a leading biotechnology company looking to hire a remote or onsite Medical Information Manager. As the Manager of Medical Information, you will be responsible for providing accurate, timely, fair-balanced medical information in response to medical inquiries from internal customers and external customers (healthcare professionals and consumers).
- Provide accurate, timely, fair-balanced responses to medical inquiries from health care professionals and consumers
- Write, review, and maintain/update/retire standard and custom response letters, global core response documents, and FAQs
- Capture demographic information and medical inquiries in the Medical Information Database, as needed
- Appropriately evaluate cases for adverse events and/or product complaints and then forward to appropriate departments, as needed
- Provide guidance on escalated cases from the med info vendor/contact center
- Perform literature searches using PubMed, Embase, and other medical literature searching databases
- Synthesize competitive intelligence, as well, as share relevant current publications with internal colleagues regularly
- Perform in-depth research, analysis and interpretation of medical data
- Assist in the creation of metrics and performance reports to Senior Management
- Perform routine QA/QC of med info vendor
- Develop and deliver med info training for sales, national account managers, MSLs, and med info vendor, as needed
- Contribute in inter-departmental projects, as needed
- Provide on-call after hours product support for escalated inquiries from call center
- Assist in the medical and scientific review of materials for medical, legal, and regulatory review, as needed
- Assist with staffing booth at national conventions/meetings, as needed
- May participate in creation of Standard Operating Procedures, as needed
Skills and Requirements:
- Five years of providing medical information in the pharma/biotech industry
- Medical, legal, and regulatory review experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as customer service skills
- Personal leadership, accountability, strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Must be results-oriented and possess timely decision-making skills
- Proven ability to perform in-depth research, analysis and interpretation of medical data
- Proven ability to assemble evaluated information into an accurate, comprehensive and concise response document
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint), Embase, Pubmed, and Sharepoint
- Must have working knowledge of the applicable FDA regulations/guidances, including OIG
- Overnight travel (up to 15%), including weekends
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Ella Jobson at (+1) 646-868-5142 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.