Proclinical is in search of an experienced Logistics Director to plan, develop and execute the company's logistics. This will cover the movement, storage and deployment of all goods and materials from API to clinical to finished goods. You will be expected to give oversight to all the logistics and associated operations ensuring efficiency, cost effectiveness and compliance. This role is home-based role from anywhere within the EU.
- Develop and implement the company logistics strategy in line with the company's business objectives.
- Proactively manage Clover's network to provide a robust and effective logistics operation.
- Evaluate, develop and source suitable logistics, transport and other associated providers & suppliers.
- Develop and implement an appropriate and approved methodology for managing from inception to termination all distribution and logistics partners.
- Lead the regular reviews of Clover's logistics and distribution partners and support Quality in all audits thereof that take place.
- Develop and manage key performance metrics including, but not limited to, OTIF, shipment cost, last mile delivery performance etc.
- Establish the distribution & logistics budget in conjunction with finance and other stakeholders and monitor performance vs. budget.
- Oversee the selection, deployment and management of logistics systems e.g. TMS, WMS etc.
- Manage inventory within the clover network and any associated write-off, destruction and other related operations.
- Develop and manage the logistics budget and monitor spend from all logistics operations, vendors etc. to ensure value for money.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of SOP's associated with all logistics activities.
- Ensure all logistics operations (including those of our partners) follow the relevant SOP's to ensure EHS, Quality and Compliance
- Generate and implement improvement actions and projects to increase customer satisfaction, company efficiency and reduce costs.
- Oversee the logistics operations to support the Clinical IP operations
- Provide regular and timely logistics function updates for senior management and communicate with partners as per schedules.
- Establish best practice logistics and cross functional solutions for the company's supply chain and associated operations.
- Lead SC and/or support cross functional projects e.g. routes to market, consolidations, new market entry etc.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree and/or MBA and above in a relevant discipline
- Preferred Experience and Knowledge (number of years, type of experience)
- Minimum of 15 years working experience in international logistics, 3PL or related discipline
- Substantial 3PL and vendor management experience preferred
- Pharmaceutical, biotech or life science industry experience mandatory
- Effective communication skills and soft skills
- Data analysis and root cause analysis skill
- Familiar with SAP
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.