Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Cell Biology Laboratory Technician with a pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA.
- Conducts any basic to complex Analytical assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Accurately completes Test Methods and other required documentation according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Follows all general and laboratory SOPs
- Maintains a laboratory notebook for Research & Development activities as required
- Conducts critical review of results and reports data to Technical Reviewer or supervisor
- Communicates with supervisor and other colleagues re: daily lab activities
- Prepares reagents and completes reagent batch records
- Checks reagents for expired chemicals and disposes of any expired reagents
- Performs laboratory maintenance (i.e. decontaminates and disposes of medical and other waste as appropriate, maintains laboratory supply inventories, keeps work surfaces clean and neat) and keeps records of maintenance according to guidelines and SOPs
- Performs routine equipment monitoring and cleaning (i.e. centrifuges, biosafety and chemical hoods, refrigerators, incubators and freezers) and keeps records according to guidelines and SOPs
- Orders reagents and consumables as required and uses commodity specification procedure as assigned
- Completes all requisite training (i.e. Bloodborne Pathogen, Quality Assurance, safety, etc.)
- Contributes to the preparation of Protocols, Testing Records and Final Reports, as needed and with supervision. Revise existing SOPs as assigned by Management
- Author investigations and deviations with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates proficiency in scientific theory and applies scientific rigor in the laboratory
- Correctly analyzes scientific data with accuracy and precision
- Performs daily work activities with minimal supervision
- Communications inventory needs to Materials Management personnel and contacts suppliers for technical information as needed
- May be required to work Holidays and weekends
- May be required to work Overtime
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- 3-4 years of relevant experience or equivalent
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with major in Biological Sciences or other science-related major
- Strong Technical and Scientific knowledge of protein based assays (i.e. ELISA, electrophoresis, etc).
- Ability to use proficiently advanced laboratory equipment, such as, but not limited to; Plate Readers, HPLC, Gel scanners, etc.
- Shows excellent time management skills
- Ability to record data accurately and legibly.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and demonstrated instructions.
- Ability to clearly express and exchange ideas by means of verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and exhibit effective interpersonal skills.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Mike Raletz at 267-428-7770.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.