Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician in Mammalian Cell Culture with a pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA.
- Performs cell culture and cell-biology based assays according to and in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and/or Points to Consider (PTC) guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Under direct supervision, completes batch records and other required documentation and performs laboratory maintenance duties according to GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Conducts cell culture assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Perform cell culture of in-house cell lines and test articles from outside clients.
- Accurately completes test methods and other required documentation according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Maintains laboratory notebook (when required) and follows all general and laboratory SOPs.
- Performs assays using appropriate laboratory techniques for lab group assigned to.
- Reports observations of ongoing tests to Technical Reviewer or Laboratory Manager.
- Communicates with supervisor and other colleagues pertaining to daily lab activities.
- Prepares reagents and completes reagent batch records.
- Checks reagents for expired chemicals and disposes of any expired reagents.
- Keeps records according to guidelines and SOPs.
- Prepares samples to be subcontracted.
- Orders reagents and consumables as required and uses commodity specification procedure as assigned.
- Provides operational support for Cell Biology activities including (Ex. media/buffer preparation, cleaning activities, and equipment/materials staging/ Aseptic Technique).
- Works on routine assignments per written procedures, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals
- Perform job specific tasks in compliance with applicable Regulations, International Standards, and Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelors' degree in Biological Science or other science related field, 0-1 year of relevant experience.
- Proficient with mammalian cell culture and aseptic technique.
- Proficient with micropipettes and analytical balances.
- Ability to manually count cells (i.e. hemacytometer)
- Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills.
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Dominic Santoro at 215-531-5280.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.