Laboratory Technician I, Mycoplasma/Microbiology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician I of Mycoplasma/Microbiology with a medical device company located in Philadelphia, PA. Successful candidate will perform basic assays to detect live mycoplasma contamination that may be present in biological samples according to and in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and/or Points to Consider (PTC) guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Performs basic mycoplasma detection assays that require mammalian cell culture (i.e. subculturing, fixing and staining, fluorescent microscopy) and microbiological culture techniques (i.e. observation of broth and agar plates)in compliance with GLP, cGMP and/or PTC and SOPs.
- Maintain adequate gowning and perform environmental monitoring in cleanroom environment.
- Accurately completes Test Methods and other required documentation according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Follows all general and laboratory SOPs
- Reports observations of ongoing tests to Technical Reviewer, Supervisor and/or Department Manager
- Communicates with supervisor and other colleagues re: daily lab activities
- Prepares reagents and completes reagent batch records
- Checks reagents for expired chemicals and disposes of any expired reagents
- Performs laboratory maintenance (i.e. decontaminates and disposes of medical and other waste as appropriate, maintains laboratory supply inventories, keeps work surfaces clean and neat) and keeps records of maintenance according to guidelines and SOPs
- Performs routine equipment monitoring and cleaning (i.e. centrifuges, biosafety and chemical hoods, refrigerators, incubators and freezers) and keeps records according to guidelines and SOPs
Skills and Requirements:
- 0-1 years of relevant experience or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree with major in Biological Sciences or other science-related major
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Mike Raletz at (+1) 267-428-7770 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.