Laboratory Technician I Cell Culture
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician I of Cell Culture for a global pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA. Successful candidate will perform assays according to testing records and in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and/or Points to Consider (PTC) guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Maintain cell cultures in accordance to SOPs and testing records.
- Conduct assays and lab procedures as outlined in testing record and regulatory guidelines.
- Accurately complete testing records and other required documentation according to Good Documentation Practices.
- Performs assays using appropriate laboratory techniques.
- Reports observations of ongoing tests to Technical Reviewer or Laboratory Manager.
- Communicates with supervisor and other colleague's daily lab activities.
- Prepare reagents and re-stock labs with supplies.
- Maintaining equipment's cleaning logs.
- Maintain, passaging and seeding cells.
- Train on departmental assays such as in vitro and detection assays.
- Initiate nonconformances.
- Works on routine assignments per written procedures, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Normally receives minimal instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Works under close supervision from supervisor or senior personnel.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required.
- Maybe required to work Holidays and weekends.
- Maybe required to work Overtime.
- Contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals.
Skills and Requirements:
- 1-2 years of relevant experience or equivalent
- Bachelors' degree in Biological Sciences or other science related field or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with Biohazards /various Chemicals
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
- Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to Lift 20 lbs routinely
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Dominic Santoro at (+1) 215-531-5280 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.