Proclinical has partnered with a large systems team in search for a talented and experienced Lab Technician. You will be expected to provide operational support of Compound Logistics, you will also act as an interface between biologist and engineers.
- Provide day-to-day operational support of Compound Logistics to support Lead Evaluation and Compound screening activities including registration, weighing, storing, inventory maintenance and internal and external shipping of research compounds.
- Interface between biologists, engineers and data management team to ensure maximum uptime of Compound Logistics automated laboratory equipment.
- Process sample requests for distribution and maintain proper documentation.
- Routinely operate liquid handling instrumentation including Tecan Freedom EVO, FLUENT, Hamilton Automation/Storage and HighRes Automation platforms to fulfill Compound Logistics orders.
- Daily instrument prep for liquid handlers and automation including, troubleshooting and recovery of basic instrumentation errors.
- Label and track compounds for storage and shipment label compounds
- Liquid handling QC operation and data analysis.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree is required in Biological Sciences, Engineering or related field, with 2 or more years of experience across high throughput screening, compound management and/or cell culture is preferred.
- Experience with maintaining laboratory instrumentation across high throughput screening, compound management and cell culture is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with robotic liquid handlers (e.g. Tecan, Agilent) and robotic integration / scheduling software (e.g. HighRes BioSolutions Cellario) is preferred.
- Technical knowledge and experience with laboratory automation and compound processing and tracking, including knowledge and use of Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and work across initiatives simultaneously under tight deadlines is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team setting while independently identifying and resolve problems is preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and information, both in oral and written form is preferred.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.