Lab Tech III Microbiology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician III for a global pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA. Successful candidate will perform any basic to complex Analytical and microbiological assay(s) according to and in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and/or Points to Consider (PTC) guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Conduct any basic to complex Analytical and microbiological assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Accurately complete Test Methods and other required documentation according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Follow all general and laboratory SOPs
- Maintain a laboratory notebook for Research & Development activities as required
- Conduct critical review of results and reports data to Technical Reviewer or supervisor
- Communicate with supervisor and other colleagues re: daily lab activities
- Prepare reagents and completes reagent batch records
- Check reagents for expired chemicals and disposes of any expired reagents
- Perform laboratory maintenance (i.e. decontaminates and disposes of medical and other waste as appropriate, maintains laboratory supply inventories, keeps work surfaces clean and neat) and keeps records of maintenance according to guidelines and SOPs
- Perform routine equipment monitoring and cleaning (i.e. centrifuges, biosafety and chemical hoods, refrigerators, incubators and freezers) and keeps records according to guidelines and SOPs.
- Order reagents, media and consumables as required and uses commodity specification procedure as assigned.
- Complete all requisite training (i.e. Bloodborne Pathogen, Quality Assurance, safety, etc.).
- Contribute to the preparation of Protocols, Testing Records and Final Reports, as needed and with supervision. Revise existing SOPs as assigned by Management
- Author investigations and deviations with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate proficiency in scientific theory and applies scientific rigor in the laboratory
Skills and Requirements:
- 3-4 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Microbiology, other science-related major, or medical technologist.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Dominic Santoro at (+1) 215-531-5280 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.