Lab Tech III, Cell Culture
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician III of Virology for a global pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA. Successful candidate will perform assays according to testing records and in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and/or Points to Consider (PTC) guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Maintain cell cultures in accordance to SOPs and testing records
- Conduct assays and lab procedures as outlined in testing record and regulatory guidelines.
- Accurately complete testing records and other required documentation according to Company's Good Documentation Practices
- Perform assays using appropriate laboratory techniques.
- Report observations of ongoing tests to Technical Reviewer or Laboratory Manager.
- Communicate with supervisor and other colleague's daily lab activities.
- Prepare reagents and re-stock labs with supplies.
- Maintain equipment's cleaning logs.
- Aid in the training of new employees.
- Maintain, passaging and seeding cells.
- Train on departmental assays such as in vitro, detection, and retroviral assays
- Initiate and write nonconformances.
- Participate in R&D projects and assay validations.
- Perform testing in BSL2+ laboratory.
- Works on routine assignments per written procedures, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Contribute to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals.
Skills and Requirements:
- Thorough understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices
- 2-4 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in Biological Sciences or science related field or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills.
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English.
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise conditions.
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with Biohazards/various Chemicals.
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE.
- Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels.
- Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to Lift 20 lbs routinely.
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach.
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Victoria Vandergeest at (+1) 215-531-5569 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.